Skip to main content Skip to site footer

Kick off 15:00 (UK)

04 November 2017 Venue Meadow Park Attendance

Kick off 15:00 (UK)

Listen live now

Watch live now

Listen or watch live now

Recent results


English FA Cup

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Live commentary of this match has not yet started.

toggle inactive

key moments

Updated at

There are currently no key moments to display.

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Match Previews

Match Preview: Boreham Wood

Blackpool In Emirates FA Cup Action

3 November 2017

Blackpool will hope to start another good run in the Emirates FA Cup tomorrow, having reached the fourth round last season.

The Seasiders face National League side Boreham Wood in round one of the 2017/18 competition.

It will be the second ever meeting between the teams, with a previous FA Cup tie in 2003 resulting in a 4-0 win for Blackpool.

The opposition: 

Managed by former player Luke Garrard, who also turned out for Swindon Town and AFC Wimbledon, Boreham Wood sit 10th in the table and are unbeaten in their last seven matches. 

The Wood recorded a 3-1 victory against St Alban's City to reach this round of the competition. Top scorer Bruno Andrade found the net twice in that fixture. 

Team News: 

Danny Philliskirk will push for a start after scoring a brace in the Checkatrade Trophy in midweek, though late fitness decisions will be made on Jimmy Ryan and Colin Daniel.  

Clark Robertson (foot), Kyle Vassell (hamstring) and Mark Cullen (hamstring) remain sidelined, while Curtis Tilt misses out due to suspension. 

Ex-QPR forward Angelo Balanta has recently returned to the Boreham Wood side after injury and could start for the home side. 

Match Betting Odds: 

Boreham Wood Win - 12/5
Draw - 5/2
Blackpool Win - 11/10

Ticket Prices: 

- £20 for Adults
- £15 for Seniors
- £10 for Under-16s
- £5 for Under-12s

Advertisement block

Match Reports

Report: Boreham Wood 2 Blackpool 1

Home Side Fight Back To Reach Second Round of Emirates FA Cup

4 November 2017

Blackpool’s Emirates FA Cup involvement ended at the first-round stage, as Boreham Wood came from behind to win 2-1 at Meadow Park.

Goals from substitutes Blair Turgott and Dan Holman turned the game on its head, after Danny Philliskirk had given The Seasiders a second-half lead.

Manager Gary Bowyer made eight changes to the side that recorded a 4-1 victory against Middlesbrough’s Under-21s in midweek, with Jimmy Ryan returning to captain the team.

Blackpool dominated the early possession and should have been a goal up inside 10 minutes, however Callum Cooke was unable to find the bottom corner after a well-worked one-two with Danny Philliskirk.

Opportunities were proving to be at a premium in the opening half-hour, yet it was Cooke who came close to breaking the deadlock once again. The on-loan Middlesbrough man stepped inside two defenders before being denied by Boreham Wood ‘keeper Grant Smith.

The home side, being urged to press the Blackpool defence, saw top scorer Bruno Andrade bend a free-kick around the wall, only to be claimed comfortably by Ryan Allsop.

The Wood’s first, real threatening opportunity came in the 35th minute, when David Stephens headed agonisingly wide from a corner.

Blackpool continued to push themselves and saw that man Cooke denied yet again prior to half-time, as his 18-yard effort came back off the post.

Half-Time: Boreham Wood 0 Blackpool 0

The home team came out of the blocks at the start of the second-half, aiming to make their physical presence up-front pay dividends. One of those attacking players, Angelo Balanta, fired over Allsop’s goal from the edge of the box.

It was Blackpool who broke the deadlock just after the hour mark though, as Danny Philliskirk run off his man, latched on to a through ball from Delfouneso and found the bottom far corner. That goal was his third in two matches.

Boreham Wood weren’t behind for long though, as substitute Blair Turgott made an instant impact by finding the top corner from eight-yards out.

The equaliser prompted some activity on the Blackpool bench and resulted in Viv Solomon-Otabor and Sean Longstaff coming on for Philliskirk and Ryan.

With the crowd behind them, it was The Wood who continued to disrupt The Seasiders in an attempt to fashion out a winner.

And that goal came for the home side in the 88th minute, when a Blackpool defender was unable to block a header away from the line, leaving Dan Holman to slide in and find the net.

Full-Time: Boreham Wood 2 Blackpool 1


Advertisement block

Advertisement block