Skip to main content Skip to site footer

Kick off 19:45 (UK)

28 August 2018 Venue The Keepmoat Stadium Attendance

Kick off 19:45 (UK)

Listen live now

Watch live now

Listen or watch live now

Recent results


English League Cup

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Live commentary of this match has not yet started.

toggle inactive

key moments

Updated at

There are currently no key moments to display.

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Match Previews

Match Preview: Doncaster Rovers

Carabao Cup Second Round Tie

28 August 2018

Blackpool head to Doncaster Rovers tonight aiming to reach the third round of the Carabao Cup for the first time since 2009.

The Seasiders, who knocked Barnsley out in the previous round, take on a Doncaster side that recorded a 2-1 victory at Scunthorpe to reach this stage of the competition.

Team News: 

Interim manager Terry McPhillips is expected to rotate his squad once again for the competition, with Armand Gnanduillet, Harry Pritchard and Chris Taylor pushing for returns to the starting line-up. 

The hosts will definitely have a change in goal for the tie due to Marko Marosi serving a one-game ban. Ian Lawlor is expected to deputise. Recent loan signing Jermaine Anderson could also make his first start for the club. 

The Ref: 

Anthony Backhouse, who officiated Middlesbrough's tie against Notts County in the first round, will referee tonight's match. 

His last Blackpool fixture came back in April, when The Seasiders beat Bradford City 5-0 at Bloomfield Road. 

Ticket News: 

Tickets are to be purchased on arrival at the stadium and are priced as follows: 

- £10 for Adults
- £5 for Seniors, 18-21-year-olds and 22-24-year-olds
- £1 for 17 and Under

Previous Round Highlights: 


Advertisement block

Match Reports

Report: Doncaster Rovers 1 Blackpool 2

Nottingham and Pritchard Goals See Pool Reach Carabao Cup Third Round

28 August 2018

Goals from Michael Nottingham and Harry Pritchard helped Blackpool book a place in the third round of the Carabao Cup for the first time since 2009.

The pair, on target in the previous round, struck either side of half-time as The Seasiders came back from behind to beat Doncaster Rovers 2-1 at the Keepmoat Stadium.

Liam Feeney made his first start for the club, as interim manager Terry McPhillips made five changes to the side that drew with Accrington Stanley on Saturday.

A bright start to the game saw John O’Sullivan presented with a good opportunity inside five minutes, however the attacking midfielder was unable to convert Michael Nottingham’s cutback.

It was Nottingham who then had a glorious chance himself, though his downward header bounced wide of the post.

At the other end, Mark Howard raced out of his area on two occasions to deny Alfie May clear sights on goal. The ‘keeper then made a vital save to prevent Paul Taylor from giving the hosts the lead.

Doncaster did take the lead soon after though, and it was Alfie May who found the net. The striker nipped in ahead of Ben Heneghan to take the ball down inside the box before blasting the ball into the top corner.

Pool saw several crosses turned behind for corners as they pushed for an equaliser, but the Doncaster defence and goalkeeper coped well with the swinging balls in.

However, that soon changed from a corner in the 38th minute. Ben Heneghan did well to head the ball back into the six-yard box and Michael Nottingham was there to score the equaliser. Had the defender not found the net, then Blackpool would have had a penalty for handball in the build-up.

Half-Time: Doncaster Rovers 1 Blackpool 1

Some slack defending from the home side almost presented Blackpool with a second after the restart, however John O’Sullivan was unable to find the target.

Despite appeals for an opposition touch, Mark Howard was penalised for what the referee deemed to be a back-pass moments later, presenting Doncaster with an indirect free-kick inside the box. Luckily, the strike which came from it was charged down quickly.

Blackpool then took the lead on the hour mark, and it was the club’s other summer non-league signing Harry Pritchard who scored it. The midfielder got in between two defenders to poke home from a near post header.

Liam Feeney was replaced soon after and replaced by Jordan Thompson. The former, having gone without a full pre-season had a valuable run-out for The Seasiders.

Pool’s second goalscorer also came off minutes later. Ollie Turton was the man to replace him.

Jordan Thompson did well to win the ball on the halfway line and send Armand Gnanduillet clear in search of a third for the side, but the striker’s effort was tipped away by the Rovers’ keeper.

The fourth official’s board signalled that Blackpool would have to see out an additional four minutes of action to seal a place in the next round, which they duly did.

Full-Time: Doncaster Rovers 1 Blackpool 2

Advertisement block

Advertisement block