Skip to main content Skip to site footer

Kick off 11:00 (UK)

10 April 2021 Venue Unavailable Attendance

Kick off 11:00 (UK)

Blackpool U18
1 - 2
Port Vale U18

Listen live now

Watch live now

Listen or watch live now

Lineup will be displayed here shortly before the game

Advertisement block

Match Reports

Youth Team Report: Blackpool 1 Port Vale 2

11 April 2021

The youth team suffered a late 1-2 defeat to Port Vale at Myerscough College in the North West Youth Alliance on Saturday.

Sky Sinclair had Danny Ventre’s side ahead after 15 minutes when he managed to rise above everyone to head in Rob Apter’s corner.

Rhys Walters pulled the visitors level after he ran beyond the Blackpool defence to slot past Charlie Monks before an 86th-minute corner evaded everyone to snatch the points away from the young Seasiders.

There were two changes to the side from Tuesday’s draw with Walsall, as Prince Yelegon and Harry Anderson came in to replace Brad Holmes & Luke Byron, with the latter dropping to the bench.

‘Pool made a bright start to the game, winning a corner early on. Rob Apter crossed into the danger zone where the ball eventually fell to Sinclair, but he could only poke over the bar from close range.

Prince Yelegon - on his return to the side - was full of life, and that presented him with a chance to cross into Harry Anderson, who headed inches wide.

Dominance in the early stages eventually paid off for the Seasiders when Rob Apter – who originally won a corner – whipped the set-piece into the six-yard box where Sinclair got above everyone to head his side in front.

Apter looked to turn provider again moments later when he slipped Prince Yelegon in behind, but he was denied by a strong Joe Collinge save after cutting in to shoot.

Then, against the run of play, Port Vale pulled a goal back. Walters picked the ball up just outside of the area, used his quick turn of pace and got beyond Perez Goumou. Monks came rushing out, but Walters slotted into the net.

Charlie Penman later latched onto a clever ball in behind from Apter to take aim; however, Collinge stood firm to keep his vicious shot out.

Half-Time: Blackpool 1-1 Port Vale

Just like the first half, the Seasiders started well with Yelegon bursting down the left to cross into Anderson, whose header went wide of the mark.

Penman was one of the standout performers during the game, and the full-back teased a ball around the Vale defence for James Harrison to pick up and shoot, though he couldn’t generate enough power in the strike.

The visitors were having little moments throughout the game. Walters cut the ball back onto his right foot to strike towards goal, but he saw his effort cannon back off the post.

Anderson was winning a lot up top, and this time, he got his side up the pitch when he battled to win a free-kick. Apter floated the set-piece onto Anderson’s head, with Collinge eventually keeping the striker out. 

There were four minutes of normal time left when the visitors came forward and won a corner. James Hunt took, and somehow, the ball missed everyone in the six-yard box and ended up in the back of the net.

Full-Time: Blackpool 1-2 Port Vale

Blackpool: Monks, Goumou (70’ Matshazi), Penman, Sinclair, Fitzgerald, Trusty, Apter, Mariette (62’ Byron), Anderson, Harrison, Yelegon.

Unused sub: McLachlan, Squires, Wood.


Advertisement block

Advertisement block