Skip to main content Skip to site footer

Kick off 10:30 (UK)

06 March 2021 Venue Unavailable Attendance

Kick off 10:30 (UK)

Fleetwood Town U18
2 - 2
Blackpool U18

Listen live now

Watch live now

Listen or watch live now

Lineup will be displayed here shortly before the game

Advertisement block

Match Reports

Youth Team Report: Fleetwood Town 2 Blackpool 2

7 March 2021

Blackpool's U18's played out a 2-2 draw with Fleetwood Town at Poolfoot Farm on Saturday afternoon.

A draw means the Young Seasiders extend their unbeaten to run to 14 games and sit second in the league, six points behind Fleetwood with two games in hand.

James Harrison put Danny Ventre’s men ahead with just over ten minutes on the clock before Enoch Takpe cancelled out the opener, striking from the spot.

15 minutes from time, Rob Apter turned Brad Holmes’ cross home, but in the dying embers of the game, substitute Joe Collins flicked a bouncing ball into the far corner of the goal.

A nervy opening five minutes ended with the hosts having the first chance of the game. Cian Hayes jinked his way into the area before whistling a shot wide of Charlie Monks’ post.

Despite having very few chances, the Seasiders took the lead through Harrison. Apter switched the ball to Luke Mariette in the centre of the pitch, who helped it onto Harrison out wide. He cut in on his right foot to shoot, sending Connor Eastham the wrong way in the Fleetwood goal.

‘Pool gained momentum after going ahead. Holmes picked himself up after being fouled on the edge of the area to line a free-kick up, though his effort went inches wide.

Moments later, Fleetwood won a dubious penalty. After a corner came in from the left, Monks, who was backtracking to touch the ball away, was deemed to have fouled his man with his back to play. Takpe stepped up and converted from 12-yards.

Two big chances came the Seasiders’ way. First, Apter looked to get his side moving forward as he struck just wide of Eastham’s goal. Then, Sky Sinclair played a delightful ball over the top of the Fleetwood defence for Holmes to run onto, though he couldn’t finish from close range.

Half-Time: Fleetwood Town 1-1 Blackpool

Fleetwood came out firing in the second half, as Shaun Sithole burst forward from midfield to play Akiel Raffie in. He shot and won a corner for his side, however, the set-piece floated straight out for a goal kick.

Monks was then on hand to deny Joe Collins with a header two-yards from goal before Hayes worked his way into the box and struck the bar ferociously.

With 25 minutes left on the referee’s watch, Ventre’s men were dealt a blow when Monks was given his marching orders after being seen to be the last man when bringing Raffie down outside the 18-yard box.

Although the young Seasiders were down to 10 men, it didn’t seem to affect them. Holmes found space down the right to whip a ball across the face of goal to Apter, who managed to scramble the ball past Eastham and into the back of the net.

With the man advantage, Fleetwood took the final few minutes to Blackpool. After defending for their lives, the Seasiders were left to settle for a point when Collins managed to flick a bouncing ball through a crowded six-yard box and into the back of the net.

Full-Time: Fleetwood Town 2-2 Blackpool

Blackpool: Monks; Moore, Wood, Sinclair, Fitzgerald; Strawn, Trusty, Mariette; Apter, Harrison (65’ McLachlan), Holmes.

Unused subs: Squires, Penman, Matshazi, Yelegon.

Advertisement block

Advertisement block