Seasiders Visit King Power Stadium
Blackpool make the trip to the King Power Stadium tomorrow looking to continue their good start to the season.
The last time the sides met they played out a thrilling 3-3 draw at Bloomfield Road in March, where Kevin Phillips scored twice for the Seasiders, including a 90th minute equaliser.
Ian Holloway came up against Nigel Pearson three times last season including the opening day game at Hull City where Blackpool ran out 1-0 winners thanks to a Gary Taylor-Fletcher strike.
Blackpool’s last victory at Leicester came following their promotion from League 1 to the Championship in 2007, where Keith Southern’s effort just after the hour mark was enough to see Simon Grayson's men take all three points.
Overall the Seasiders have faced the Foxes 95 times in competitive matches with Blackpool winning 38, drawing 20 and losing 37.
Last season’s meetings
21 March 2012 - Blackpool 3-3 Leicester City
29 November 2011 – Leicester City 2-0 Blackpool
After beating Peterborough United 2-0 on the opening day of the league this season, Nigel Pearson’s men suffered defeats on the road at Championship new boys, Charlton Athletic and Blackburn Rovers. Both defeats ended 2-1.
The Foxes also lost 4-2 at home to Burton Albion in the Capital One Cup second round on Tuesday night.
- Leicester won 18 times in the league last season, of which 11 came in front of their home fans at the King Power Stadium.
- Blackpool won seven, drew eight and lost eight games on the road last season.
- Leicester scored 48% of their goals in the second half of games last season.
- Blackpool scored 67% of their goals in the second half of games last season.
- Thomas Ince is the Championship top scorer with four goals so far this term.
Mike Jones (Chester)
Mike Jones refereed the npower Championship fixture at Ashton Gate last Saturday where Bristol City beat Cardiff City 4-2.
He was also in charge for the Premier League fixture between Wigan Athletic and Chelsea on 19 August at the DW Stadium.
The Chester based referee last presided over a Blackpool match in October 2010 when the Seasiders defeated Liverpool 2-1 at Anfield.