Seasiders Welcome Trotters To Bloomfield Road
Michael Appleton will take charge of his first game as the new Blackpool boss tomorrow as The Seasiders welcome Bolton Wanderers.
Appleton, who was unveiled as manager late on Wednesday evening, will be looking to build on the good work carried out by Steve Thompson who led the side to their first win in five games on Tuesday night.
Ian Evatt returns from suspension, while Kevin Phillips (calf) is expected to miss out again as he nears a return to full fitness.
New loan signing Jacob Butterfield will be available to Dougie Freedman as he looks to continue his unbeaten start (W1, D1) to life as Bolton manager.
Blackpool have faced Bolton 98 times in competitive matches with The Seasiders winning 32, losing 40 and drawing 26.
Last League Meetings
14 May 2011 - Blackpool 4-3 Bolton Wanderers
27 November 2010 - Bolton Wanderers 2-2 Blackpool
Just like Blackpool, Bolton have a new manager after former Crystal Palace boss Dougie Freedman took over from Owen Coyle two weeks ago.
After relegation from the Barclays Premier League last season, The Trotters have been largely inconsistent and are yet to win two games on the spin.
Freedman has taken charge of two games so far, beating Cardiff 2-1 in his first then drawing 0-0 with Leicester on Tuesday.
- After winning their first three games Blackpool have won just three out of the following 12 league matches.
- Thomas Ince scored his eighth goal of the campaign last Tuesday, which equals his tally for the whole of last season.
- Blackpool have kept just one clean sheet at Bloomfield Road this season. That came in the 6-0 win over Ipswich.
- Bolton are yet to keep a clean sheet away from home this season.
- The last goalless draw between Blackpool and Bolton was on 7 August 1976 in the Anglo-Scots Cup.
Jonathan Moss (West Yorkshire)
The last game involving The Seasiders that Mr Moss took charge of was the 1-1 draw with Cardiff at Bloomfield Road last season.
Kevin Phillips scored a stunning equaliser for Pool after Don Dowie's opener shortly after half-time.
Find the best odds for the game with the official Football League betting partner Bet Butler