A Look Ahead To The Match With The Posh
The Seasiders face Peterborough United tomorrow looking to get a win after a run of four straight draws under Michael Appleton.
Tuesday night’s 1-1 result with Birmingham means Appleton is still yet to taste victory or defeat as Pool boss.
Blackpool will be without Matt Phillips (toe), Ian Evatt (knee) and Gary Taylor-Fletcher (hamstring), although the latter is making good progress and will hopefully be back fit in the next couple of weeks.
Darren Ferguson’s side lost their first seven games of the season and despite results improving since, they are bottom of the table going into the weekend.
The Seasiders have faced Peterborough on 36 occasions with Blackpool winning ten, losing 16 and drawing ten.
Last Season’s Meetings
10 March 2012 – Peterborough United 3-1 Blackpool
14 August 2011 – Blackpool 2-1 Peterborough United
Posh finished 18th last year in their first season back in The Championship after winning promotion via the play-offs at the end of the 2010/11 campaign.
They’ve struggled more so this season and have just four wins to their name; two of which came on the road at Hull City and Barnsley.
George Boyd is the top scorer with five league goals to his name, one of which was a screamer from 40 yards in the 3-1 win over Huddersfield Town.
- Blackpool are on their longest unbeaten run of the season (five games) but gained more points in their opening three matches when they won all three.
- The match against Birmingham was the first game in which The Seasiders took the lead but didn’t go on to win this season.
- Blackpool have scored at least once in each of their last eight matches.
- Peterborough are yet to draw at home this season and have just one draw to their name all season.
- Posh have conceded 11 goals in the last 15 minutes of matches this league campaign.
David Webb (Lancashire)
The last game involving The Seasiders that Mr. Webb refereed was Blackpool’s 5-0 home win over Bristol City last season.
Goals from Gary Taylor-Fletcher, Jonjo Shelvey, Brett Ormerod and two from Daniel Bogdanovic handed The Seasiders the three points.