Skip to main content Skip to site footer
Club News

Last Five: QPR

12 December 2013

A look back at recent QPR clashes

QPR visit Bloomfield Road on Saturday, and have reason to be cheerful looking at their recent record over Blackpool.

Three of the last five meetings between the two clubs have ended all square, with The Rs picking up the three points otherwise.

There is a run to be broken, and Paul Ince will see no better time to do that than this weekend.

Here are the last five meetings between the two.

Blackpool 2-2 QPR – 16/1/10

The last time QPR were at Bloomfield Road they left it late to claim a point in an entertaining draw.

Charlie Adam’s powerful close-range finish had put the hosts ahead, but Neil Eardley’s hand ball gave QPR the chance to level.

Adel Taarabt’s penalty equalised, before Gary Taylor-Fletcher put Pool back ahead from Keith Southern’s centre.

However, The Rs weren’t to be denied a point, and Matt Connolly’s long-range volley six minutes from time tied the game at 2-2.

QPR 1-1 Blackpool – 8/8/09

An inspired performance from Paul Rachubka was Blackpool’s saviour at Loftus Road, but they couldn’t hold on for three points.

Given the lead through Ben Burgess’ first time effort, Rachubka did well to deny Adel Taarabt and Kaspars Gorkss.

Heidar Helguson rattled the bar, whilst Keith Southern and Jason Euell wasted good Blackpool chances.

The Rs eventually found the break through with four minutes remaining when Peter Ramage’s effort crept through a crowded penalty area.

Blackpool 0-3 QPR – 27/1/09

QPR made light-work of a mid-week trip to the seaside, by claiming a routine 3-0 win in 2009. 

Helguson scored twice, winning QPR the game either side of half-time.

Firstly he headed home Wayne Routledge’s cross, and added a second from the spot after Ian Evatt hauled down Lee Cook.

Hogan Ephraim added the third, poking home Cook’s cross to add further gloss.

QPR 1-1 Blackpool – 30/9/08

In the earlier fixture at Loftus Road in September, Dexter Blackpool denied Blackpool three points with a late goal.

Taylor-Fletcher had given The Seasiders the lead with a peach of a strike, firing into the top corner following Rachubka’s long kick.

Blackstock levelled however, heading home after Akos Buzsaky’s effort had cannoned off the crossbar. 

QPR 3-2 Blackpool – 11/3/08

Back in 2008 at Loftus Road, Blackpool did their upmost to recover form a disastrous first half, but it wasn’t enough.

Buzsaky, Rowan Vine and Martin Rowlands shot QPR into a three-goal lead, ending the game as a contest.

Pool kicked into life with half an hour remaining, when Burgess pulled one back.

Gorkss made it 3-2, but a late equaliser failed to materialise.

Advertisement block