Skip to main content Skip to site footer
Club News

Cup Success For Ladies

4 February 2013

Ladies Dominant In Cup Second Round

The Ladies progressed to the quarter final of the League Cup with an 11-0 win over Leigh RMI. Six second half goals added to five in the first half to complete a comprehensive victory, while Pool also kept a clean sheet for the fourth consecutive game.

The visitors fielded a depleted team and Pool looked to capitalise from kick off. Mac Barlow saw her header from a Gaby May cross gathered by the Leigh keeper, and Sian Dillion fired an effort wide.

Dillon, Claire Kilner & Lauren Oatley all had further attempts before the breakthrough came on the 20 minute mark through Barlow. Dillon then made it 2-0 and added her second, and Pool’s third, shortly after. 

The striker then completed her hat-trick and Oatley netted with a smart first-time finish to make it five-nil at the break. 

At the interval Charlotte Banner replaced Barlow. A Kilner effort from distance then gave Pool a 6-0 lead in the opening minutes of the second period. On the hour mark Oatley grabbed her second of the game despite the keeper getting a hand to it.

Dillon then grabbed her fourth of the game from an excellent Gill through ball. Banner then obtained goal nine and Dillon the tenth, before substitute Latham’s low effort rounded off the scoring.

The Ladies return to League action next weekend with an away fixture against Northwich Vixens.

Elsewhere Blackpool FC Girls U11’s reached the finals of the Lancashire League Cup by defeating Lytham YMCA U11’s 4-0. Two goals from Darcy Barratt and one apiece from Hannah Bettison and Imogen Purdon saw Pool through to the final, where they will play Manchester City.

There was also cup success for Blackpool FC Girl’s U10’s, as they defeated Hesketh Colts U10’s in a thrilling West Lancashire League Cup semi-final. Maisie Rogers and Tahnee Lucas put Pool 2-0 up, before Hesketh pulled a goal back just after the break.

Eve Whittaker then made it 3-1 to The Seasiders before another Hesketh goal set up a nervy final few minutes. The girls held on though, and will now play Preston North End in the final.

Advertisement block