Seasiders Welcome Tykes
The Seasiders welcome one of the form sides in The Championship tomorrow as David Flitcroft's Barnsley visit Bloomfield Road looking for what would be their fifth win in six games.
Steve Thompson will be without Bob Harris (fractured toe) but Matt Phillips is fit after he came through 60 minutes at Wolves last Saturday unscathed, following his toe injury.
Blackpool's win at Molineux last Saturday was their first of 2013 and three points tomorrow could see The Seasiders climb back into the top half of the table.
Barnsley are four points adrift of safety and could hand a first start to new signing Jason Scotland, who scored on his debut against Millwall in midweek after coming on as a second-half substitute.
The Seasiders have faced Barnsley on 93 occasions in competitive matches with Blackpool winning 28, losing 40 and drawing 25.
15 September 2012 - Barnsley 1-1 Blackpool
9 April 2012 - Blackpool 1-1 Barnsley
Just like The Seasiders, Barnsley have had to cope with the loss of their manager this season, albeit in slightly different circumstances.
Keith Hill was sacked after the 3-1 home defeat to Blackburn Rovers in the last game of 2012 and was replaced by his assistant David Flitcroft.
Since Hill left, The Tykes have won four, drawn one and lost one; the only defeat coming on New Year's Day at Peterborough United.
- The last goalless scoreline between the sides came in January 1912.
- Blackpool have scored the first goal in just nine of their 29 league games this season.
- Nathan Delfouneso turns 22 tomorrow after Thomas Ince, Alex Baptiste and Angel Martinez have all celebrated birthdays in the past week.
- Barnsley tend to be slow starters, scoring just once in the opening 15 minutes, while conceding ten in that period over the course of the season so far.
- Craig Davies is The Tykes' top scorer with eight goals this campaign, but he left to go to Bolton Wanderers in the Transfer Window.
The last game involving The Seasiders that Mr. Eltringham refereed was Blackpool's 2-0 home defeat to Charlton Athletic earlier in the season.