1953 Triumph Voted Best Ever FA Cup Comeback
Blackpool's 4-3 win over Bolton Wanderers in the 1953 FA Cup Final has been voted The Greatest FA Cup Comeback in an ESPN poll.
The Matthews Final won 42% of the votes making it the clear favourite from the shortlist of five, which is listed below.
The Seasiders found themselves 3-1 down after 55 minutes, but an inspired Stanley Matthews and a hat-trick from Stan Mortensen levelled the tie at 3-3 on 89 minutes, before a Bill Perry goal in injury-time saw Blackpool claim the FA Cup trophy for the first time in their history.
Fans voted in their thousands on ESPN's website and were also invited to choose matches from other categories such as 'Greatest FA Cup Goals' and 'Greatest FA Cup Giant-Killings' to see what supporters viewed as the greatest ever FA Cup moments.
The shortlist for The Greatest FA Cup Comeback consisted of the following matches:
- Blackpool 4-3 Bolton (Final 1952/53)
- Everton 3-2 Sheffield Wednesday (Final 1965/66)
- Tranmere Rovers 4-3 Southampton (5th Round Replay 2000/01)
- Tottenham Hotspur 3-4 Manchester City (4th Round Replay 2003/04)
- Arsenal 1-2 Liverpool (Final 2000/01)