New Opportunity At Blackpool FCBlackpool FC Academy is looking to recruit a team of match day coordinators to help support the smooth running of match day operations for both The Under 18 team home matches on Saturdays at Squires Gate and the Schoolboy home fixtures on Sundays at Myerscough College.
These roles are voluntary and give people the chance to support the development of young aspiring footballers and become part of the group of staff at the Academy who had such a successful year last season.
While this role is not paid their are opportunities for home match tickets and being a part of Academy events. Previous occupants of these roles have used the position to build their CV’s and references and others to improve their coaching skills for their own teams that they coach. Others have done it to purely be a part of Blackpool FC and serve the club they support.
Successful applicants will be required to attend either on a Saturday morning or Sunday morning depending on fixtures that week and where appropriate both. These roles will also not be mandatory to attend and as long as we are able to put together a bank of volunteers all assignments for each weekend will be arranged in advance so everybody will know when they are required.
Training will be provided by the Academy staff in order to carry out the duties and kit will be arranged for volunteers who show they are committed to becoming a valuable member of the team.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Setting up of the pitches on match days including moving goals, setting up viewing areas for spectators, putting out corner flags, organising dugouts and setting up designated areas for visiting scouts.
- Liaising with Parents and other spectators to ensure they know where they are going and understand the services that are on offer from the club.
- Dealing with visiting scouts to make sure that they are provided with team sheets, refreshments, placed in the correct viewing area and are looked after.
- Ensuring the building and changing rooms are not accessible to the public at all times.
- Providing refreshments for staff, parents and other spectators at half time and after the match.
- Being a friendly face representing Blackpool FC in a positive way so that any person who attends our games has a pleasant experience.
His email is firstname.lastname@example.org