Youth Star Named In Select XI by LFEBlackpool's Mark Waddington has kicked-off 2014 in style by being named in a select XI by League Football Education (LFE).
The 11 competition recognises the football and academic progress of eleven apprentice players across the land, while also taking into account other factors including involvement in charity or community based initiatives.
Set-up by LFE last October, the competition runs four times each season (October, December, February and May) and celebrates the achievements of under 18 footballers across The Football League. February’s 11 is as follow
· Mark Waddington (Blackpool)
· Fraser Murdoch (Crewe Alexandra)
· Sam Ling (Leyton Orient)
· James Roberts (Oxford United)
· Ben Purrington (Plymouth Argyle)
· Harley Wigley (Rotherham United)
· Hakeeb Adelkun (Scunthorpe United)
· Dominic Calvert-Lewin (Sheffield United)
· Ted Smith (Southend United)
· Ibrahim Keita (Wolverhampton Wanderers)
· Cameron Murray (York City)
LFE chief executive Alan Sykes said: “This competition is directly associated with apprentice reviews that are conducted by our team of regional officers throughout the season. It is a great way to showcase the achievements and progress of talented young footballers on the apprenticeship programme.”
For in depth profiles on all of the players named in ‘The 11’ for February please visit the LFE website.