What To Take From The ClashBlackpool were narrowly beaten by the new leaders of The Championship on Tuesday evening, after a late penalty.
Chris Martin's spot-kick made the difference, and here are ten things we've taken from the clash.
- For the second-successive mid-week home game a penalty defeated Blackpool.
- It was the first time just one goal has been scored between Pool and Derby in the last six meetings.
- The winner was Martin's fifth goal against Blackpool in his last three matches.
- Of the Pool starting line-up, Andrea Orlandi and Nathan Delfouneso had the best pass completion percentage with 83.
- John Lundstram's six interceptions was the highest of all Seasiders.
- Formose Mendy made his home debut for the club as a second-half substitute.
- It was the sixth time this season that Blackpool have been beaten by a single goal in the league.
- Tony McMahon became the first Pool player to reach five yellow cards for the season, after fouling Jordan Ibe.
- Blackpool have now faced all of The Championship's top six sides.
- The fixture was Pool's final home mid-week match of 2014.