We've Got Your Back“We’ve got your back” - That’s the powerful message from Prostate Cancer UK to Blackpool this season.
The official logo of the pioneering charity will be worn more than 60,000 times on players’ shirts in the Sky Bet Football League this season, following a unique agreement between The Football League and its Official Charity Partner.
Within each and every number will be the charity’s iconic image, the Man of Men, symbolising men of all walks of life uniting against a common enemy.
So what’s in a number?
• 8: One in eight men will get prostate cancer in the UK
• 4: One in four African Caribbean men will get prostate cancer in their lifetime
• 60: One man dies every sixty minutes from prostate cancer
• 250,000: Men are living with the disease in the UK
Fighting back with big numbers:
• 187,000 people have signed for Men United pledging to give prostate cancer a real beating. Will you?
• £210,000 was raised by Football League club representatives completing the London to Amsterdam Cycle Challenge in June 2014.
“Every time a player or a fan pulls on a Blackpool shirt with a squad number featuring our Man of Men they are helping to save lives,” said Prostate Cancer UK’s Director of Fundraising, Mark Bishop. “They are raising awareness of an issue that for far too long has been hidden away. Players and fans are supporting the 250,000 men living with prostate cancer and the 40,000 diagnosed with the disease each year.”
To sign for Men United and give prostate cancer a real beating this season test your tactical know-how with Prostate Cancer UK’s short online test by clicking here.