What To Take From The ClashDespite taking the lead, Norwich City proved too strong for Blackpool on Saturday.
Pool scored their first goal of the month, but that was little consolation. Here are ten things you may have missed.
- It was the first time more than three goals had been scored in a Blackpool match this season.
- It was also the first time Pool have conceded three goals this campaign.
- José Miguel Cubero made his debut for the club, being subbed off in the closing stages.
- Jacob Mellis made his return from injury, his first appearance since the defeat to Blackburn last month.
- It was the first meeting between the two sides since March 2009.
- No player made more interceptions than Joan Oriol, who made eight against The Canaries.
- Blackpool goalkeeper Joe Lewis played against Norwich for the first time since leaving them in 2008.
- The defeat was Blackpool's 13th against Norwich, the first of which came in 1937.
- Pool were the featured match on the Football League Show for the first time this season.
- It was the first time an own goal had been scored in a Seasiders match this season.