Striker On Agreeing Blackpool Move
Mark Cullen has set about immediately repaying the faith of new manager Neil McDonald, after the striker agreed terms with Blackpool on Tuesday.
The Seasiders parted with £180,000 for Luton Town’s leading marksman from last season, making him McDonald’s sixth signing as Pool boss.
Linking up with his new teammates this week for pre-season, Cullen is determined to prove himself in League One with his new employers.
“Neil told me to come in and show what I’m about,” said Cullen. “It’s a step up, he has all the confidence in the world in me and I’m ready to repay it.
“They’ve spent a fair bit of money on me and you can only be grateful when someone thinks you’re good enough for that, I’d like to get out there and show my worth.
“I’m really pleased that it’s over the line in time for me to start pre-season training with the lads and I’m excited to get going.”
The 23-year-old struck 14 times for The Hatters last season, including a perfect hat-trick against Dagenham & Redbridge in October 2014.
Not restricted to the Football League, Cullen has experience of playing in the Premier League with Hull City, and is now making his way back up the football ladder.
“I had a decent season last year at Luton, and this is a progression in my career which I’m looking forward to it. I’m really excited about the challenge that we’ve got here and I’m raring to go.
“I’ve played quite a few games over the last couple of years. We’ve got a young group of lads here, so hopefully the bit of experience I’ve picked up can help a couple of them along the way.
“The club has had a tough couple of years, but the new manager has come in and it’s a fresh start really. We’re looking to really push on and show what we’re about,” he added.