Skip to main content Skip to site footer
Match Reports

Match Report : 14/03/2015

14 March 2015

Report: Bournemouth 4 Blackpool 0

Blackpool's trip to Bournemouth went the way of the form table, as The Cherries put four past Lee Clark's side to return to The Championship summit. 

Bournemouth dominated throughout, and never looked back after Brett Pitman rolled home the opener after just ten minutes.

The striker went on to register a first half hat-trick, before Callum Wilson added to his season's tally with a penalty after the interval.

The Seasiders provided nothing in the final third, and home stopper Artur Boruc left without having a save to make in the 90 minutes.

Predictably it was Bournemouth who started brightly knowing they'd been pushed off top spot by Middlesbrough in the early kick-off, but Pitman's wayward effort was all they could muster early on.

However the striker was lethal with his next attempt, ploughing through Blackpool with ease before tucking his effort into the bottom corner from the edge of the box.

In fairness The Seasiders retained possession pretty well after going behind, but Tom Aldred failed to get on the end of Andrea Orlandi's corner when it mattered. The Spaniard then wasted his own opportunity on 30 minutes, blazing over with his unfavoured right foot.

But the hosts never looked troubled, and on 37 minutes that man Pitman had his and Bournemouth's second, nodding Ritchie's deflected cross beyond Parish.

Three minutes later the striker had wrapped up a first half hat-trick. A free-kick was played short to Pitman, who drilled past Parish, who will have been disappointed with his attempted save. 

In added time Blackpool did at least muster an attempt, but Gary Madine's header drifted harmlessly wide of the mark. 

Half Time: Bournemouth 3 Blackpool 0

After the break The Cherries were quickly in the ascendency, but Parish got down low to deny Wilson. Moments later it was four however, as Marc Pugh was tripped by Orlandi inside the area, and Wilson rolled home from 12 yards. 

On 54 minutes Pool replaced Connor Oliver with José Miguel Cubero for the Costa Rican's first appearance under Clark. 

However it was still The Cherries creating all the chances, as Pitman scooped Ritchie's cross over, before Tony McMahon replaced Tom Barkhuizen. David Ferguson then followed off the bench soon after, replacing debutant Michael Jacobs. 

Andrew Surman was next to try his luck for the dominant hosts, curling wide from a short corner, while Wilson headed off target at the near post. 

At the other end Madine nodded Orlandi's corner wide, as Blackpool continued to lack a cutting edge in the final third, while Parish was off his line quickly to deny Adam Smith. 

A minute from time Grant Hall volleyed wide for the visitors, and missed an even better opportunity in injury time, but again shot off target, and with that went the final chance of the game. 

Full Time: Bournemouth 4 Blackpool 0

Advertisement block