Full-Time Opportunity In The AcademyAn exciting full-time opportunity has arisen for a Chartered Physiotherapist to become Head of Academy Sports Science and Medicine at Blackpool Football Club.
The successful candidate will work within the Elite Player Performance Plan (EPPP) framework.
Successful candidates will demonstrate the ability to develop, implement and evaluate physiotherapy programmes for elite young professional footballers and maintain confidentiality at all times.
Candidates will possess excellent communication skills to ensure medical staff and coaches are fully informed of the player’s progress. We are looking for individuals who are proactive and have the ability to work calmly under pressure whilst unsupervised.
Salary: Dependent on Experience
- Assist in daily management of players in Professional Development Phase (PDP; u18) and first-team as necessary.
- Daily management of all Academy players in the Youth Development Phase (YDP; u13-16) and Foundation Phase (FP; u9-12). This includes management of injured players and also necessary training medical cover.
- Produce progressive injury rehabilitation programmes for all players.
- Liaise on a regular basis with Pro Football Support regarding sports science programmes for all academy players.
- Based upon the movement assessment findings, be responsible for the smooth running of the injury prevention programme on a day-to-day basis.
- Lead Under 18 match day cover and assist with schoolboy games match cover as required.
- Produce an injury audit on a monthly basis and feedback to provide accountability for the department and actively seek to follow best practice.
- Lead the education of all Academy players in terms of injury prevention, injury care, post-match recovery, diet and drug awareness.
- Ensure all medical notes are up to date within 24 hours of injury using club PMA/electronic system.
- Lead departmental in-service training programs and manage the development and education of students/volunteers whilst on placement.
- Responsible for the production of medical procedure documents (including emergency action plans) and ensure all medical equipment is maintained.
- Lead departmental meetings, attend CPD as required and contribute to multi-disciplinary meetings.
TECHNICAL SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Chartered Physiotherapist and Member of the Health Professions Council
- BSc (Hons) Physiotherapy (min 2:1 qualification).
- Extensive manual therapy skills.
- Extensive knowledge & experience in injury prevention & rehab using movement dysfunction analysis and re-training principles.
Desirable qualifications (not essential):
- Football Association Advanced Resuscitation and Emergency Aid certificate.
- Previous experience working within a professional sport setting.
- Previous experience working with young athletes/children.
- Knowledge and experience of strength and conditioning requirements of the elite footballer.
Blackpool Football Club is an Equal Opportunities Employer and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults. The role involves work with young people and is therefore subject to the appropriate DBS checks.
Please send a covering letter, along with a copy of your CV, to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.
Closing date for applications is Friday 17 June 2016.