Skip to main content Skip to site footer
Club News

Comprehensive Victory For Youth Team

Dunne, Jaaskelainen and Sinclair-Smith Hit Braces In 6-1 Win

19 November 2017

Will Dunne, Emil Jaaskelainen and Fin Sinclair-Smith all scored twice as Blackpool ran out 6-1 winners away at Port Vale in the North West Youth Alliance.

Blackpool started the better side, with both Rowan Roache and Alwyn Flynn having early shots, but neither managed to test the Vale ‘keeper in the opening ten minutes.

Port Vale then went down the other end, and after some incisive play on their right wing, Will Avon managed to get across to block the danger, with Dylan Sumner then clearing away the ensuing corner kick.

Just inside the opening 20 minutes, the visitors took the lead through Will Dunne. Dylan Sumner took the ball forward 30 yards, before feeding Dunne, who turned his man and slotted the ball in to the far corner to make it 1-0 to Blackpool.

Five minutes later, the lead was doubled. Emil Jaaskelainen scored his first goal for The Seasiders, after playing a lovely one-two with Dylan Sumner (his second assist), before striking the ball past the helpless Vale goalkeeper.

Port Vale came back into it over the course of the next five minutes or so, with their first real effort on target coming from a Blackpool mistake. However, the shot did not trouble Craig Thordarson in the Blackpool goal.

Emil Jaaskelainen and Will Dunne then nearly linked up for a third goal, after the former pounced on a defensive mistake from the hosts. He laid the ball back to Dunne, who fired his shot over from the edge of the area.

The third goal came moments later, with Blackpool’s two forwards continuing their great link up play. Dunne controlled the ball with his back to goal, before slotting in Jaaskelainen, who fired home his second goal of the day from the angle, making it 3-0 to Blackpool at half-time.

Half-Time: Port Vale 0 Blackpool 3

The second half started as the first ended, with Blackpool quickly making it 4-0. This time, Jaaskelainen was the provider, with Dunne getting his second of the game thanks to a curling shot that went in off the post.

Port Vale tried to get back into the game. First, they had a volley which flew across the box with no-one managing to get a touch on it, before having a free-kick from the edge of the Blackpool D. However, it flew high and wide, without troubling Craig Thordarson.

The visitors then made a double change in central midfield. Both Alwyn Flynn and Dylan Sumner came off, with Brendan O’Brien and Lewis Wainwright entering the match.

On the hour mark, the hosts were awarded a penalty, after a coming together in the box during a corner kick. It was duly slotted home, making the score 4-1 to Blackpool with 30 minutes left to play.

Fin Sinclair-Smith then came on to the pitch, with Will Dunne making way. Shortly after, the new man made his mark by winning a free-kick on the edge of the box. Rowan Roache’s effort went through the wall, and was well saved by the Vale ‘keeper.

Roache then set up O’Brien after some great work down the left from Sean Graham. O’Brien’s effort just flew wide of the far post, as Blackpool started to apply the pressure once more.

Moments later, it was 5-1. Some good interplay between Harry Winstanley (on debut) and Jaaskelainen led to Roache setting up Sinclair-Smith for his first of the game.

Four minutes later and the attacker had his second of the game. He was played through on goal, taking a touch before slotting home past the ‘keeper, making it seven for the season.

Tom Williams came on for the final ten minutes, replacing captain Ben Jacobson in the back three.

Blackpool kept the ball for the remaining time, with the final whistle being blown with the score at 6-1 to The Seasiders.

Full-Time: Port Vale 1 Blackpool 6

Team: Thordarson; Jacobson (c) (Williams 79), Avon, Winstanley; Adarkwa, Sumner (O’Brien 57), Flynn (Wainwright 57), Graham; Roache; Dunne (Sinclair-Smith 62), Jaaskelainen

Not Used: Simson

Advertisement block