Skip to main content Skip to site footer
Match Reports

Report: MK Dons 0 Blackpool 0

Game Ends In Stalemate At Stadium MK

24 March 2018

Blackpool and MK Dons played out a goal-less draw at Stadium MK, where clear-cut opportunities were at a premium.

Goalkeeper Joe Lumley pulled off two good saves to deny the hosts though, while Sean Longstaff rattled the bar for The Seasiders in the 90th minute.

Manager Gary Bowyer made just the one change for the fixture, with Nathan Delfouneso available again after missing the draw against Southend United due to concussion. The forward replaced Sea Longstaff in the side.

The Seasiders’ first attempt was registered by Kyle Vassell, however the forward was could only find the opposition goalkeeper with his strike from outside the area. Jay Spearing then tried his luck from distance but sent his effort high and wide.

The hosts threatened the Blackpool defence when Chuks Aneke managed to roll Curtis Tilt inside the area, however Joe Lumley was on hand to save his resulting strike.

Lumley was involved again moments later, pulling off a super save to deny Peter Pawlett. The on-loan QPR stopper positioned himself well to push away a stinging strike from the former Aberdeen man.

Chances were proving to be at a premium in the first-half though, with both sides heading in level at the interval.

Half-Time: MK Dons 0 Blackpool 0  

A great ball from Ollie Turton almost led to Blackpool breaking the deadlock three minutes in to the second-half, however Viv Solomon-Otabor blazed over at the back post.

The home side appealed for a penalty when George Williams went down in the box minutes later, but the referee saw nothing wrong and allowed play to continue.

From a Blackpool perspective the ball just wasn’t sticking in the final third, prompting Gary Bowyer to make a change. Sean Longstaff was the man to come on in place of Danny Philliskirk.

Viv Solomon-Otabor made a great run down the left in the 71st minute but couldn’t find a team-mate with his ball across the six-yard box.

Joe Lumley then pulled off another big save in the Blackpool goal, this time to deny substitute Robbie Muirhead. It was soon followed by a tip over to keep out a looping header from Scott Wootton.

MK Dons continued to carve out the better opportunities but found Lumley a strong presence in the Blackpool goal. The ‘keeper made his third important save within a 10-minute period by parrying away a strike from Ike Ugbo.

The Seasiders continued to plug away and almost took all three points in the 90th minute. Substitute Sean Longstaff latched on to a cut-back from Dan Agyei but saw his shot cannon back down off the bar.

Full-Time: MK Dons 0 Blackpool 0


Advertisement block