Skip to main content Skip to site footer
Club News

Bange At The Double For Youth Team Again

Striker's Brace Sees Under-18s Pick Up Victory Against Morecambe

4 November 2018

Ewan Bange came off the bench to score a brace which gave Blackpool’s youth team a 2-1 win away at Morecambe.

The victory follows on from the FA Youth Cup success against Guiseley and sets the side up for a second round tie at Scunthorpe on Tuesday.

With that game in mind, The Seasiders took the opportunity to field a number of under-16 players in this match. 

Blackpool started the brighter of the two teams, getting in early down the left. Matthew Liptrott drove forward with the ball to then feed in to Max Rogers, but his chipped effort went just wide of the far post.

Moments later, the hosts took the lead. After Blackpool tried to settle by playing the ball around the back, a loose pass by Jack Wood was cut out by Morecambe and an early shot caught Hunt out and hit the back of the net.

The goal settled Morecambe and they wanted more. Tricky play from their winger set their striker free in the area, but he struck wide.

Looking for an equaliser, Blackpool came forward with Sky Sinclair, he beat his man and whipped a cross in, but the keeper caught the ball comfortably.

Then the visitors had a free-kick which was pumped into the box, the keeper spilled it but Blackpool weren’t quicker enough to react before the ball was cleared.

A fierce tackle by Matthew Liptrott saw him receive a yellow and Morecambe won a free-kick. The ball was whipped in to the area, but the ball zipped through to Hunt.

Down the other end, Blackpool then had a free-kick on the edge of the box. Hayden Ravenscroft struck it under the jumping wall, but the keeper wasn’t troubled.

On the stroke of half-time, Morecambe were looking to strengthen their lead. Their striker forced his way into the area and set the ball back for his team-mate, but he fired his shot over the bar.

Half-Time: Morecambe 1 Blackpool 0

After the break Blackpool introduced Ewan Bange, along with Harry Winstanley and Charlie Monks.

Looking to get back into the game, Blackpool started pushing for a goal, forcing Morecambe back into their own half, which led to their first corner of the game. The set piece was put in towards Bange, he couldn’t get enough contact on the ball before it fell to Ravenscroft, but his effort was saved by the keeper.

The equaliser did come, though. Monks had the ball and played it out to Sinclair, who then knocked it down the line to Luke Russell, who then in turn crossed the ball into the middle for Ewan Bange, he beat his man to the ball and headed in from close range.

Blackpool just kept on pressing after the goal. This time, a mistake from the Morecambe defence allowed Bange into the box, he shot on target but his close-range effort was saved.

Bange then grabbed his second. Jack Wood beat his man on the left and crossed a ball into the area, Morecambe couldn’t clear and it fell to Bange on the edge of the area, he dropped his shoulder to get past the defender and fired past the keeper into the bottom corner.

Now searching for his hat-trick, Bange continued to cause problems for the Morecambe defenders and sent another effort wide.

With 10 minutes to go, Morecambe appealed for a penalty, but the referee waved away the shouts due to Tyrese Beaumont’s fantastic last-ditch tackle to keep Blackpool in front.

The hosts were looking for an equaliser in the final few minutes. They worked the ball into the area well and at the back post the winger was waiting, but he sliced his effort wide.

One final effort for Morecambe came from a free-kick which was crossed into the area, but it was too strong for everyone and Monks gathered with ease.

Full-Time: Morecambe 1 Blackpool 2

Blackpool: Hunt (Monks), Williams (Winstanley), Wood, Beaumont, Turner, Liptrott (McGladdery), Sinclair, Ravenscroft (Smith), Preyzner (Bange), Russell, Rogers

Advertisement block