Blackpool FC Community Trust has launched a poetry competition called #BlackpoolRhyme, offering you the chance to get creative and potentially win a prize by doing so.
The Trust is looking for children, parents, and even grandparents to think about what makes Blackpool great and why you are proud to be associated with such a unique town.
The Poem can be any length and any style, and ALL standards are welcome…
Just use your imagination to write a unique poem that relates to the wonderful town of Blackpool.
To help you along the way, here are some of the things your poem could contain:
- Blackpool FC – Memorable games, players or activities with the Community Trust;
- The Beach – Wading in the sea, building sandcastles or playing beach games;
- Attractions – Trips to the Pleasure Beach, Tower, Sandcastle or the Illuminations etc;
- The Resort Town – Donkeys, trams, piers and holiday makers
The competition will run from now until the end of April 2020 and will be split into three categories;
- Primary school aged children (5 to 11 years)
- Secondary school aged children (12 to 17 years)
- Adults (18+)
What are the prizes for the winners?
- Winners will receive a Blackpool FC goody bag;
- We will arrange for a Blackpool FC player to be filmed reading your poem and for it to be published across Club and Trust media platforms;
- Your entry will also be printed in a Blackpool FC match-day programme and you will be invited as a guest to attend a match
How do I enter?
Simple. You can submit your entry via email to email@example.com or through our the Trust's social media platforms via a ‘Direct Message’.
Even better, if you can film yourself reading your poem, the Trust will try to share as many as it can.
For further details, watch the video below: