Blackpool Football Club is now able to update supporters on previously purchased season tickets and match tickets for the curtailed 2019-20 season.
Since the start of the pandemic, the Club realised the difficulties this extraordinary situation was having on the Town and has sought to play its part in the local community from allowing essential testing at Bloomfield Road, to supporting the Trust with its food parcel delivery programme, to the Players engaging with fans online.
After a vote of all League One clubs was taken, which resulted in the current campaign being curtailed due to the Covid-19 pandemic, the Club has considered a range of options to compensate our supporters for the five cancelled fixtures. Many supporters have already been in touch with the Club to indicate they would rather any refund remain with the Club to help the Club through these challenging times.
The Club is immensely grateful for these incredibly kind gestures and would like to thank any supporters that feel able to do the same over the coming days. This superb support highlights again what an amazing set of fans we have. This is very much appreciated by Simon Sadler and everyone at the Club.
The stark reality is that if every season ticket holder and seasonal corporate were to take up the option of a refund, then the ultimate financial cost to the Club could be in excess of £325,000.
Despite the lack of any visibility regarding next season, as you have seen from the recent announcements, the Club has continued to press ahead with implementing its plans for a bright, tangerine future. Over the forthcoming weeks, the Club will continue to invest towards its long term aim of improving the Club’s infrastructure and its more immediate target of promotion to the Championship.
In terms of compensating supporters, the Club is proposing the following options:
- Season ticket holders can leave the cost of the 2019/20 season ticket in the Club, which will greatly help mitigate the costs of the Covid-19 pandemic and support plans for the 2020/21 promotion push by emailing email@example.com
- Supporters can donate the five tickets connected to the cancelled matches to the NHS, Emergency Service Personnel and Key Workers to say thank you by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Supporters can also donate the five tickets connected to the cancelled matches for initiatives in local schools, football clubs and youth groups to generate an even better atmosphere in Bloomfield Road and to develop the next generation of Seasiders by emailing email@example.com
- A pro-rata credit towards a 2020/21 Season Ticket by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- A pro-rata refund for the cancelled home league games by emailing email@example.com
It is paramount that supporters consider their own financial situation before making any decision. We are grateful for any support you can offer during this time. When contacting the Club on the above email addresses please include your name, season ticket reference number and a number you are happy to be contacted on.
All season ticket holders have until 5pm on 30th June to submit their preferred option via email. If we do not receive a confirmation of your preferred option, we will assume you are happy for the money to be left within the Club.
Those who purchased matchday tickets online will receive an automatic refund to their account. If you purchased matchday tickets over the phone or in-store, you will be contacted by a member of the Ticket Office staff directly. We ask for your patience at this time, but please rest assured you will be contacted.
Seasonal/Matchday Hospitality purchasers will be contacted by a member of the Club’s Commercial Team, who will advise of the process and the options available.
Details on the Club’s full offering for the 2020/21 season and the ways you can back the Club will be announced as soon as we have more information from the EFL.
Thank you again for your invaluable support of the Club over the course of last season and during these recent weeks. We look forward to welcoming you all back to Bloomfield Road once it is safe to do.