Jerry Yates has been voted the Football League World Fans’ League One Player of the Season.
In a poll run by fan engagement experts Snack Media, the striker earned an impressive 47% of the vote after scoring twenty one goals and assisting eight others in a season that saw Blackpool beat Lincoln City in the play-off final to secure promotion to the Championship. Lincoln City’s Alex Palmer was in second place with 43%.
In the third of five votes carried out over seven days via Snack Media’s digital and social networks, the striker's performances were enough to win over League One fans up and down the country.
The full list of contenders from the final shortlist polled as follows:
- Jerry Yates (Blackpool) - 47%
- Alex Palmer (Lincoln City) - 43%
- Aiden McGeady (Sunderland) - 4%
- George Honeyman (Hull City) – 3%
- Jonson Clarke-Harris (Peterborough United) – 2%
- Robert Atkinson (Oxford United) – 1%
The League Two vote opens at 11am on Wednesday 9th June. To vote go to: